Sunday, April 22, 2012

MY GOAL TO BUY A HOUSE

When I was about sixteen, I set a goal for myself to buy a house before I turned thirty. I am now thirty-four, but the goal is still very strong for me. I am sure my goal to purchase a house is one of millions in America. There is nothing like the feeling of owning your house and there is nothing like the pride your children will feel with the fact their home is actually theirs.
     We have lived the past ten years constantly worried about where we were going to live. No one should ever have to live like that. I examined what is now going on with the economy and I have also been researching purchasing a home for the past year. I am one of those nutty people who like to know everything there is to know about anything I am interested in. Buying a house is my latest obsession, lol.  
      I intended to purchase my home brand new, but with all the foreclosures that are on the market, I realized that this too could be an option for us.  Many of the foreclosures need work, but there are a great deal of houses, that don't need as much work. There is also the option of purchasing a short sale.  Short sales take longer than a regular home sale, but can be bought at well below the market value. The goal in purchasing a home should always be to make certain you can afford the mortgage under any circumstance. Let's say you get sick, or one of the kids got sick, you want to make sure you can make your mortgage payments with no difficulty.
    The mistake that other homebuyers made, during this economic meltdown was, purchasing homes that they could not afford. This mistake should be well-noted and not repeated.
.

No comments: